Quartz thumb scraper ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz thumb scraper ?

Going through cigar boxes of brokes and etc looking for pieces to give to the school kids on my yearly lecture and found this little piece. It was in a box of pieces not marked as location so it would of been 1980s. Looked at it close and it looks like a thumb scraper. The edge looks worked do to the angle and the sides where I am holding it are smooth, ground ? The broken end is sharp making me think it was a larger piece. The bottom is total flat. Quartz pieces are not common to my areas and have found just 1 quartz point . What do you think, scraper or my imagination over worked.
    SE IA

Might be a removed flake most really good I.d. Comes from in hand for quartz cause it just doesn’t show well in pictures
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice one this photos show the working edge pretty good. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_66663.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	391845
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Hoss you can see that work now .

I'm going to say it's a scraper. Of a hundred or so it's the only quartz one , wish the rear was there. Thanks for the blow up Hoss, looks better when bigger.
      SE IA

Comment

Working...
      X