first finds! what did i find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first finds! what did i find

found in creek in Madison county Illinois near each other on same rock bar.

also found this last week in same creek. does this look worked ? if anymore pictures are needed I will tonight

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      That one looks like a little knife

sorry hoss! just saw the terms you want me to go by. I will add extra pics of the different sides.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! The first piece is hard for me to tell what it is, but the second piece looks like a crude point or scraper.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Comment

Your first piece looks like it could be pottery, I am not sure about the second one. The third one, we need to see both sides.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

ok, I will be getting you guys better pics when I get off work tonight! the second pic screams partial point to me when im looking at it in my hand. but I am a greeny so who knows

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com broken stem and some nice pottery for starters you are doing great. Thanks for the consideration of an apology . You are a fairly new member with a great attitude so you are forgiven.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That’s pretty good finds for your 1st most post rocks. Looks like you are in a good place
                NW Georgia,

Comment

The piece in your second post is an ancient artifact. The chert didn't knap well as there are steps and stacks. The piece was probably discarded because of the problems.
                  Michigan Yooper
                  If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Yep. A sherd of pottery and a base of a broken point. Welcome IN!
                    Professor Shellman
                    Tampa Bay

Comment

Congratulations on your first finds you are off to a great start!
                      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome to the site, looks like you have found a nice site. Keep an eye out bound to be more there.
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree on the pottery and flake, and I love that little blade as well.
                          you are looking for the right stuff now.👍👍
                          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from coastal VA. Nice pottery shard and the knife is cool! Looking forward to seeing your future finds.
                            Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                            X