Need help Identifying Lecroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Identifying Lecroy

Got a question for anyone with any lecroy experience? What in the world is this. Located 20 years ago and its location may give its reason for shape. Actual size of stone. I let it go and trying to relocate. I am the original locator. Since it find nowhere have i found or seen or heard of anything like it. Hopefullwill locate and maybe get ir registered if not already.
    Attached Files

No possible clue from anyone. Even people from University of North Alabama dnt know. Thanks if anyone can help out here.

Comment

This was a point that you found? Actual size? There is no scale. What state Matt? If you can fill in the blanks some here will try to help you out.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
        This was a point that you found? Actual size? There is no scale. What state Matt? If you can fill in the blanks some here will try to help you out.
        it was 6 inches long and 1/4 thick. the barbs were 1/8 and perfectly worked to center of each arm. The location is gonna be the key which was above centerville tenn not far from where duck river cache was found.

Comment

Hickman County
          Tennessee
          35.871408, -87.423880

TerrainView topography and elevation

Last edited by MatthewWil; 09-16-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I’m trying to understand the original post....did you find this, and then lose it, or sell it??

if yes, I would turn into Sherlock Holmes find it again....
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Close to where duck river cache were found i think is abut 20 miles away. I found it working for power company trimming a service drop, Fellas cut a deep circle out where pole. Now its filled in. But the stone was sold in 2000 for a great deal by me the finder. Ever since i have never seen or know anyone that knows of any stoned like this. I hope someone can help me figure out if lecroy or french Indian

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                So you are trying to find the origin of the stone, or find the actual stone itself??

Yes i made mistake of selling and fella i sold to told me it was a massive fortune he got for it and that was in 2001 when he sold it. No where has any stone like this been found and being so close to duck river cache it has to be one of the rarest in the north american continent. I am also trying to track it down out of wayne county ten.

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone in Wayne county has it, or had it?

Thank you so much for your reply!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
                O im sorry state was Centerville Tenn not far from duck river cache location. I found pink and red and white swirled tear drops shape bout 4 inches long too down below it next to where it has washed out beside. The story ot that arrow i found up top. I dosser had drove over it no telling how many times and was above the ground when i found it when clay under it holding it few inches of ground. Dosser was parked 5 feet from it.

Comment

You should go to artifact shows in Tennessee Alabama and Mississippi and hunt it back down! A six inch lecroy would be something special all right!
                  Last edited by utilized flake; 09-16-2019, 09:15 PM.
                  North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by utilized flake View Post
                    You should go to artifact shows in Tennessee Alabama and Mississippi and hunt it back down! A six inch lecroy would be something special all right!
                    Thanks! sorry but the typo message up top. I found it but sold to a close friend. Im waiting to hear back whom he sold it too. I truly can say Ive never seen or heard of anything like this, but i have lots of people who seen it them self's. I went to home owner and showed the older fella and told him i wanted him to have it. He deferred and told me to keep it.I can't say what it went for by the person i got it too. Its unreal.. So 20 years later and still nothing else found like it means its one of the rarest priceless artifacts from any where. Can anyone show me anything like the photo i drew above! And if we do find it. I hope you all help e get it registered or what ever we need to do. I will slack of the replies. Much thanks to Forums.Arrowheada

Comment

?????

I love a mystery.

If it was a small little thing it would be a great exotic.

At 6 inches it's kind of a myth.

I hope you track it down and show us.

California

Comment

The drawing is somewhat exaggerated, but would fit the bifurcated Lecroy point, but not at six inches. I have, and have seen Lecroy points, and other bifurcated types with the serrations angled upward, and some are very exaggerated. At six inches, it almost sounds like your getting into the Tussinger eccentrics.
                        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

I have located the person who bought the collection it was sold in. Im waiting for a reply and number to get a photo of the point. And yes it was at 6inchs tall. Over a 100 people seen it them selfs. I already kicked my self a fwe times this morning but that was 20 years ago i let it go. Uggggg anyways il have a photo posted today or morrow when it gets here. Everyone the location of the point is very very very significant to its shape and size AND LOCATION of find . Pretty sure i will be able to go back and search. I found it trimming service drop around light pole. I my self can not wait to see it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X