Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish they were mine and not my dad's......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish they were mine and not my dad's......

So I recently have been looking for "arrowheads" a lot lately. My grandpa got me started when I was very young. My dad and grandpa use to look a lot together and dig some too. I was talking to my dad about some I had recently found and he brought these out to show me them, and wow, I never knew he had these! I know that they are Celts or axes, but the one pictured first especially intrigues me. Why is the bit and the the outer margin of the axe worked in the manner it is compared to the center portion. Any info or thoughts would be appreciated! I'm here to learn!

North Central AR by the way

Comment

Boys are sure different from girls, coz daughter considers everything I own hers! Here is illustration from my book-of-the-week, an Oklahoman museum publication. Maybe ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	943AE6DF-1554-42A7-A06A-5811A34C9988.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	393331 Click image for larger version  Name:	896AFA91-75F7-45C7-AAD9-3BD4184C5914.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	37.1 KB ID:	393332
      Last edited by Cecilia; 09-22-2019, 07:07 PM.
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
        Flintfinder AR commented
        Editing a comment
        That is true!, I wish my dad would give these two up, but he is too attached. I would be too though! And yes, I could see that being it! Thanks for the info!

Those are some nice artifacts your father has found. I have given each of my children a display of artifacts from the farm. My boy loves his. The four girls were not as thrilled.....

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        My daughter hates my hobby and my wife can go either way but I think she just acts interested cause I like them. If I pass I would guess someone would see them in a pawn shop for sale

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good wife who makes effort to act interested in spouse’s hobbies. And daughter probably responding like I did to my dad (“I’m my own person!” was refrain to song I sang loudly from 16 yrs old on), altho he’d introduced me to everything I loved then and now.

At least you didn’t “deliberately give birth to [her] just to have companion”!,,

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes me sad SurfaceHunter perhaps you will have a son in law some day that will bond with you and your hobby. My daughter in law knows little about my artifacts but insists they are are important to her. Her Dad has some artifacts his father found after WW2. She insists those are not going anywhere. My wife is NA Blackfoot, she says sell , sell, sell, but I think it’s to really aggravates me, as when she was healthier, she hunted with me. ( She was a great hunter too )
        Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 09-23-2019, 11:33 PM. Reason: Sp

Flintflinder , we have some great resource threads on this site but if you have to have a quick visual fix which I use for many is this .
      Goggle celt and adze difference utube . There are some men on there that do a great tutorial on their collection and showing the bit ends and the difference between polished hardstones to chipped adze/ celts etc . I think you will enjoy it get the big picture and now go forward with your hobby .

Comment

• Flintfinder AR
        Flintfinder AR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I appreciate it. I will definitely look into it!

Nice. Thanks for sharing
      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
      X