Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It looks natural to me, until I see the straight line on the left edge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks natural to me, until I see the straight line on the left edge...

The left edge looks too straight to be natural to me.. however .. other than the over all shape and resemblance to a point ... I have no other clues to suggest that it's more than a rock... any thoughts?? Thanks for the information and knowledge in advance!!!!!
    North East Pennsylvania / North West New Jersey

The left side looks like it has a very distinct up down up down finished edge ..even though its worn down .

Comment

Based on its shape I would consider that a large cutting tool or scraper! Quatzite and quartz can be hard to discern ancient work.
      North Carolina

Comment

Exactly!..I almost tossed it in the river ..lol glad I didnt .. so on a scale of 1-10 ... what number would you give it...being some kind of tool/artifact ? V.s. natural rock

Comment

Not having it in hand I would say from the photos it has bee worked on one edge. 10
          SE IA

Comment

Aprox age possible age guys? Sorry for all the questions..and thank you very much for your help and knowledge!! I'm new and excited ..lol

Comment

I think it is a crude flake knife created on some quartzite. No real way to give an age or date on something like this. If it were found in context with something date-able like Pottery or a specific point type assemblage you might be able to assume it was in that age period but with flake tools it is hard to say. All time frames made them and used them.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I'll take it !!!! Thank you guys!! I'll research Quartzite tools in my area..

Comment

I have a very similar crude quartzite piece.

You wouldn't be able to tell unless you look closely at the edge.

Nice find!

Comment

Thank you ! I like your piece too!!..It has a nice weathered look ... makes it feel ancient !

Comment

Defiantly artifactual !
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Edges also speak loudly to me (at least!)
                        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                        X