Possibly a blade? Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a blade? Any thoughts?

I’ve been in quite a dry spell lately, so while I’m waiting on the fields to get harvested I’ve been trying out some different things. Today I found a good washout that comes off a large field down into the Delaware River. I was just stirring up the sand and gravel just downriver from the washout and within 5 minutes I found this. Unfortunately 10 minutes later the Mrs. called and my hunt was over! At least for today that is! It’s made of Argillite so it’s pretty worn, I don’t know maybe since it’s been so long since I’ve found something it’s just a natural rock any thoughts would be appreciated
    Warren County New Jersey

Pretty creek worn, but it looks like a blade to me!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I say knife blade..cool
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Looks worked but it has been in the water a long time I doubt it came from the washout. I’m in a dry spell to same reason as you. Cotton is ready and just sitting there waiting just like me
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• HBird
          HBird commented
          Editing a comment
          Some of the farmers have started picking soybeans so as dry as it’s been it’s only a matter of time now. It’s been driving me nuts waiting for the open fields! One of my best field’s should be picked and disked in the next two weeks but there going to plant winter wheat in it so I will only have a couple weeks to hunt it before the wheat comes up and I have to stay off!

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually got some rain yesterday and they say more this week I’m hoping he picked it today weather was perfect. Maybe it will be worth the wait and you will find some good ones

I feel you hbird. I got a soybean field im waiting to metal detect

Comment

For what it’s worth, I’d thot “Knife” as soon as I picked it up!
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly it was the first thing that came to my mind! But like yourself I am also in the learning process and thanks to the people of this site, their kindness and wealth of knowledge i am able to actually identify some of the things I come across now. But I still have to ask just to make sure lol
        Working...
        X