Whut do we have here ? πŸ€”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whut do we have here ? πŸ€”

Anybody have any idea about what I found here?
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that he can learn in no other way!

P.A. In my opinion, it's just a rock. Effigies are extremely rare and show obvious craftsmanship. When you come across an artifact it will scream "modified by human hands" as you look at it. Techniques like knapping, pecking and grinding leave marks that you will come to know. I suggest looking at as many books you can find on local artifacts to familiarize yourself with what was made and which lithic the peoples used.
    Good Luck out there,
    fldwlkr
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

I wasn't thinking effigy on this piece. I was thinking tool. But thanks for your opinion kind sir! I'm here to learn... and asking questions is how it is done.
      A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that he can learn in no other way!

Comment

And yes sir! I'm a reading machine. I go through at least 3 books per month. The subject matter this past 2 years has gravitated heavily towards Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma indigebous peoples...their habits, way of life, and what they did in their spare time. I believe whole heartedly that books are the best way to learn because you can seek out specifically your source of information rather than being stuck with the potpourri of ignorance, opinion, and arrogance that you're left with on the internet. Far too many so called internet "experts" for my taste show up at the front of the line following a Google search!

Comment

Like to see a few different pics/ angles of that piece. It may just be a stone but there seems to be to many right angles..
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Look at your points you have found then look at this piece. This item hasn’t had the cortex altered not even ground into shape it’s clearly natural if you blow your pic up. I find that odd shaped rocks in some creeks around my area here in Georgia.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• painshill
              painshill commented
              Editing a comment
              SurfaceHunter's observation is key. If the cortex is intact, then no-one has altered the rock apart from mother nature.

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Sir I’ve learned a little since our past relationship

Tomorrow I'll try to make a video on what to look for in artifacts, flaking, pecking, grinding, etc. Maybe it will help, because once you learn how things were made, it's so much easier to spot them.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thank you Surface Hunter and Kentucky. I'm here to learn from y'all. And hell ya! If you make a video for me, I'd for sure be tickled to death to watch it!

Comment

Working...
              X