Water worn triangle? Or just a rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water worn triangle? Or just a rock?

Not sure if it's just a rock? Ocean R.I. find really water worn but looks like a levanna? Maybe marblehead rhyolite? What do y'all thi k?

When I see that type rock I think gravel road, you do have some water worn points in the surf though. that is what it looks like to me but I could be wrong.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Has a quartzite texture maybe the dark area is the blackish skin I've seen on raw quartz?

Comment

That's a granitic rock, so it's more likely just a coincidence of shape, and not a triangle, IMHO....
        Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks Charlie
          looks neat but just a rock for sure if granite no doubt!

Comment

I find that salt and pepper quartzite in the fields they used it for something but haven’t found many pieces worked with it. I don’t have an answer for you on your find though
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Found a piece of it today and brought it home it’s worked but the disc got it before I did

I'd say it's natural but it never hurts to set it aside and look at it again in a few years when you've trained your eyes a little more. I've set some things aside I thought were nothing and when I looked later I realized it was a scraper or something

Comment

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              Always good advice, but, in this instance the rock is not a lithic material.
          Working...
          X