• Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what these are called? Found in Lynn Arkansas

Attached Files
    Starts
    10-29-2019
    Ends
    10-29-2019

It looks like what I would call an Adena influenced point, a graver and an edge knife. Nice artifacts.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Thank you n could u tell me if this is anything? I found it in Safell Arkansas where 2 rivers meet along a field road it's about 3 inches.

Comment

• flintguy
        flintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        This piece , judging from just the one pic, looks like a natural concretion. They form from ancient mud caking around some kind of organic matter. They will erode over time leaving a circular indentation where the organic part washes away. I think its just a coincidence that it is point shaped.

I agree with flintguy. I would only add that the point,because of its small size, was probably used as a dart point being that the Adena culture predates the use of the bow. Having said that, if you research the Adena culture you will find that it was primarily located in the Ohio river valley area. But Adena dart points and knives are sometimes found outside of that general area. I found 6 of them in my old hunting grounds in north Alabama in the Tennessee valley.

Comment

Those are so good looking finds I'd call that a good day if it was me

Comment

Working...
        X