Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artifact s or no? Take a look and tell me something about these.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifact s or no? Take a look and tell me something about these.

These have been in the family for longer than I was even thought of .... So I don't know nothing about them. was hoping I would get some help here

All are artifacts. look like mostly knife forms. Any idea where they were found?
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Sacto_joe
      Sacto_joe commented
      Editing a comment
      So what should I do about finding out what these are and where they are from?

Very nice to see some passed down through the family like that. Someone collected those and cherished them
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Yeah it is pretty cool they were my grandpa's . And as to where they were found, I have no clue.... I can do a little digging and see if any one in the family knows.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did your grandpa live ? Occupation ?

Welcome , First a question, what state did you grandpa live in?
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

He was born in Missouri 1933 and came to California in 1959, he was an RT bus driver in Oakland.

Comment

Are these other than sentimental value worth anything ?

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            Ok... So I’m not a investigator but I’d say your grandpa most likely found those himself..And , most prolly in Missouri in his youth.. As for value yes, as for sentimental value, priceless !

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            BTW, I got caught in Oakland once as a Raider game let out.. It horrified me with the traffic ! So, to handle even back then a bus like that, your papa was a tough guy !

Yeah he was the toughest guy I have ever met . And thank you all for your feed back I appreciate it!

Comment

I see a possible table rock type or two in there. That one with the “wings” looks like an Afton type repurposed into a drill but the drill tip is missing. And maybe some Kirk serrated ? I’m not the best at typing but if they were from Missouri that would be my guess on a few. Ether way sweet collection to inherit! Congrats
            Johnson county Missouri

Comment

You won’t be able to retire on those but seeing your grandfather found them they were important to him. We aren’t allowed to discuss price by the way. But to have something he found is very nice. I don’t have anything my grandfather found. Good memories
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Without reading any of the comments, I thought to myself that those look like Missouri pieces. I agree with mate that there are two in there that would probably fit the table rock type nicely. I'm not seeing any that I would call kirk. 2nd pic top left looks like an Etley variant that has been resharpened several times. Nice flake knife in there(the pink one next to the drill form)Some nice pieces in there and even better since they are handed down.
                Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
                X