New here.. Do ya’ll mind helping I’d a few finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here.. Do ya’ll mind helping I’d a few finds

I am new to the site an always like to have another opinion on my finds, any info is appreciated. Thanks Clint

The first one resembles a Lecroy, last two might both be a Brewerton.

Comment

Thanks flintguy the first which is rhyolite has some really good colors to it. The more I look at it I think ur right it does hv a lil chip on both bottom corners where it could hv bn a lil bit longer.

Comment

Hopefully some other members will give you their thoughts and help narrow it down for you.

Comment

Welcome from WNC Carolina Points those are some great finds! Definitely Lecroy and thinking Palmer on the last one. That's some great looking Quartz.

Comment

Comment

• PointHound
              PointHound commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone correct me if I am wrong. I see a exhausted Van Lott, 3 Halifax's , not sure about the last one but I like it.

These are all personal finds from upstate s.c from a couple different sites about ten miles apart from one another. one site is at the base of a mountain here the other is on hill above a river an this site use to be a tree farm so I’m very luck to find whole or any points there. The tree farm is no longer there just all pasture now.

Comment

• PointHound
              PointHound commented
              Editing a comment
              You have made some nice finds. I know how you feel, I hate losing a site to growth or whatever . Sometimes gotta get them while you can.

Nice Carolina Points I really like the last Chert point it looks like Knox Gray chert and thinking it's a Wheeler expanded.

Comment

• Sugaree
              Sugaree commented
              Editing a comment
              The first chert point reminds me of a South Appalachian Corner Notched which might be a Jack's Reeef Corner Notched. This time period really seemed to like the Tennessee cherts. Just my thoughts hopefully as a collective we can figure them out. I like the Van Lott call! The Quartz with the deeper notches reminds me of a Big Sandy or possibly a Kessell. Just my thoughts definitely could be wrong.

• utilized flake
              utilized flake commented
              Editing a comment
              Kudos on the Vann lot call like sugaree said...

Comment

Comment

• PointHound
                PointHound commented
                Editing a comment
                and they are getting nicer! The triangle I am stuck between Caraway and Yadkin. If it is more on the thicker side I would lean towards Yadkin. The second one looks like a Kirk Stemmed Bifrucate to me?

Comment

• Benji
                Benji commented
                Editing a comment
                Small point on right looks like the eiffel tower....you have some nice finds and welcome to the site carolina

• PointHound
                PointHound commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll give it a go then. The first one looks late Paleo. Maybe a Quad? The triangle might a Uwharrie?

Comment

• Sugaree
                Sugaree commented
                Editing a comment
                A Morrow Mountain and a large woodland triangle maybe Yadkin, Garden Creek, Transylvania triangular I have trouble differentiating them. Some wonderful finds!

wow looks like you are hunting some real nice sites
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Guys an gals thank you all I appreciate all the input an experience from you all. I hunted for about six to 7 yrs,once or twice through the week an The same on weekends for awhile what I gathered I just put in my cabinet for looks never done much research at all until now. I hv a lot more an will post as much as I can. This hobby has always peaked my interest but I never really had time to really get in to it like I’m trying to now. I hv more time now to fulfill this an just trying to see what I have. Once again thanks to you all

Comment

Working...
                X