Maybe Celt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Celt

I forgot to post this because it is pretty beat up !
    Anyone think this is a Celt at the end of its days with fossils . It does come to a bit otherwise hmmm.
    Be honest ..

Hey Tam I'm not sure but don't think it is. Maybe someone else will be more certain than me. Happy New Year
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Tam it has a Celt shape but it looks like sandstone if so it would not hold up in use.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as Willjo. Plus if it was used a lot, I would think it would have a polish on the bit end, I don't see any color change there. Interesting shape, but would lean away from it being one.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Ok guys great points . I’ll give it a wack when I get back .
          Your right put on the thinking cap .
          Not polished . And if not polished I would find a chipped adze or Celt ! You see that bit end and all logic goes out the door on of hoping .
          Thanks

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope springs eternal Tam. Pick up everything !

I’m thinking in the corner of one pic is a bowl of flint chips/ shards. I’d go through those like a squirrel looking for micro blades...
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Lman I have just vases of those . Yes so many micro blades . I pick up everything and look at it with a loop later . That’s how I found that cool little red / brown tool with the core bottom . I can’t see the micro flaking anymore without a loop. Those old eyes ...

Comment

Average haul on a spring day at the Indian mound we call it after a rain and maybe one point .

Comment

Working...
              X