No announcement yet.

Are some of these tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s not a public road, not traveled much, and in the area where these were found there’s no gravel that was brought in from outside. Most of these werent found in the area where cars would be driving. They are eroding out of the hillside, which just happens to border the edge of where cars could be driving, on a high Bank above a stream
    Last edited by BoilerMike; 12-28-2019, 09:48 AM.
    Central Indiana

Comment

Sounds like your looking a good area. It’s a great deal to try to evaluate but I see some edge work on some pieces. I always look in the rural roads, even though many in roads are broken just as many are found whole. The whole ones usually being in the center of a road, not in the tire rut area. The gravel being near water is not un- natural , the NA people liked graveled areas and more so if there is natural sand. I’d keep looking where you obtained all the pieces..
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

When walking a new spot the best way to find out if they were there is walk the road the farmers use most times its just dirt.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I saw a couple that may be uniface scrapers. But most of what I see looks like the debitage that one frequently finds on sites where there was a lot of chert being worked. I've hunted sites where there is so much of that material that I could not possibly pick it all up and carry it home.

Comment

Working...
          X