No announcement yet.

Granite point Summerville SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking some type of quartzite but wasn't sure. I find many different types of salt and pepper colors.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Your very last pic makes it look like this one . It’s not a case piece but keep it and look at it in another year when you have found some more artifacts in your area , read some more books , threads whatever then make a better judgment .

Comment

Originally I thought it was a point, it still might be. I zoomed in all of your pictures like three times. If it is or isn't.... It's the closest almost squeaker I've seen in awhile. I want to be able to see flaking on it, but maybe it appears in hand eh?
        North Carolina

Comment

• CMD
          CMD commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's possible you're unable to recognize a granitic rock. Maybe you simply are not on familiar terms with that rock type. Here, our bedrock is substantially granitic.....

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          I've also never seen a granite point. And I'm familiar with granite, the pictures are hard to see...lots of quartz inside that granite. My bet is that it's so brittle that it would just crumble in the hand with any pressure. I've had to show people that who hunt with me, when they say is this one??? And I break it in two with minimal effort! And I say nope... Keep lookin

Just a piece of granite. Sorry
        South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhunt View Post
          Apparently other granitic rock shaped mountain morrows have been found 🤔

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/no...-attached.html
          But that's just a rock as well. It's not an artifact. Remember, you're new at this. What are the chances that people with as much as 60 years experience are leading you on with uninformed opinions? Wouldn't we have better things to do? Your own rock is very clearly granitic in nature. Your photos are poor, out of focus, but even out of focus I can see it is not knappable material. You know, we experienced collectors do not know it all, and we make mistakes the same as any other fallible human being. But, I can assure you, we know more then you do where ancient stone artifacts are concerned.Our experience and backgrounds make that a virtual certainty. Best bet is to accept our experienced opinions. It's a rock, and the one shown at the TNet link is a rock......
          Rhode Island

Comment

Good eye though. Keep looking down. You'll find a killer sooner than you think.
            North Carolina

Comment

I’d pick it up, and keep it in the rock garden Just in case!
              Jackson County, Mo

Comment

It’s a quartzite mountain morrow I will accept no other answer thanks a lot later✌🏻

Comment

• gregszybala
                  gregszybala commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For he has spoken, so it shall be.....

• utilized flake
                  utilized flake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why does it have to be like that Deadhunt? Over at best an almost squeaker?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dan gif.gif
Views:	200
Size:	5.20 MB
ID:	413856

Comment

Fools Gold

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhunt View Post
                    It’s a quartzite mountain morrow I will accept no other answer thanks a lot later✌🏻
                    Well, you won't get that answer here, lol. And please remember not to ask further questions if you are already certain of the answer. Asking people for their help when you already have a predetermined answer is impolite, ignorant, and willfully wasting the time of good people. You're entitled to be mistaken, and you obviously are mistaken. You're not entitled to treat our members as chumps.
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Since I work for a water well company and both of my bosses have masters in geology I let them take a look at it and they said it’s gabbro and has definitely been worked I’ll rest with their opinion

Comment

• utilized flake
                        utilized flake commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Have you ever watched the big bang theory? Lol I love how Sheldon really ripped geologists! Rest well deadhunt!

• oldrocks2
                        oldrocks2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If the well diggers say it's an arrowhead we all must take note so we will learn a little on points.
                    Working...
                    X