Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the hobby

Hello everyone!
    I am new to collecting and the forum and recently bought some arrowheads at an antique store for a relatively low price. Just wondering if anyone has any information about these pieces?
    also just bought the beginners guide to arrowheads and artifacts written by Tim Anderson, has anyone read this and what are there thoughts on the book?
    thanks!

So what state are the points from? All the material seem almost like the same.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Not sure what state they came from. The woman I got them from said she knew nothing about them and was selling a bunch of arrowheads for $5 each.
      she had an antique store and found them in a box in her basement from an estate sale.

Comment

It would be hard for me to say but sometimes if they are made from the same material they could be reproduction pieces. Not knowing where they are from isn't a good thing. What state did you buy them in?
        NW Georgia,

Comment

They are out of my area for giving you a type but they look good to me from the pictures.

Comment

I bought them in Washington state but a few of the pieces had been appraised and had verification stating Kansas and Missouri..I think the guy who owned them had a variety of pieces from different areas

Comment

Most people who collect are artifact hunters first, and only buy artifacts from knowledge they obtained over time, in the field searching for many years. The only thing I see wrong with your artifacts is what has already been stated, with the three made of the same material. I wouldn't call them gray ghosts, as those are larger. We don't appraise or discuss the value of artifacts on this forum.

Comment

Wasn’t asking about a value for them...just seeing if anyone knew anything about them or the book I bought....thanks anyway 🙄

Comment

I like the last 4 . They are out of my home state so I’m not familiar I’m just starting to learn the Tennessee stuff

Comment

Ethan should reply to this he knapps and would probably know. I know they aren't water finds cause I don't see any stain on them.
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                    X