Help in identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in identifying

Hey guys I am new to this forum love seeing all the stuff you guys find need some help on this need you guys opinion on it please thanks this come from Kentucky under a overhang.
    Attached Files

Here’s another picture
    Attached Files

Comment

I will post some better pictures later in the weekend.

Comment

That looks like it would make freakish stone club weapon/tomahawk. I believe it looks unnatural just from the form. I haven’t seen many rocks that breaks naturally to make a crescent blade shape with a handle. IMO that is really unique.

Comment

That's one of the best lookalikes I've seen in a while. I can see why you brought it home. But its natural, thanks for sharing it.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Completely natural. One of mother natures artistic creations . It looks like limestone to me. Limestone can take on some amazing shapes .
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome to this site !
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Looks natural to me as well
                South Dakota

Comment

Welcome to the site, It is a nature made rock. Keep looking.
                  SE IA

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments and glad to see all the stuff posted on here .But it’s not limestone it’s flint the bottom has a worked edge and part of the top has a worked edge .i have found big chunks of it before.sorry for the bad pictures.

Comment

If so can you post better pics showing the work? Try taking the photos outside in natural light.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamhunter View Post
                        Thanks guys for the comments and glad to see all the stuff posted on here .But it’s not limestone it’s flint the bottom has a worked edge and part of the top has a worked edge .i have found big chunks of it before.sorry for the bad pictures.
                        take some pictures out side in day light and share them with us please. Please indulge us and show some photos of some of the other artifacts you have found even if they are only broken ones. Often if a item is found in context it can be useful to see the assemblage.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I will try to get some better pictures later in the weekend.its not napped like a arrowhead is it’s beveled on both sides and beveled on the top it’s not a natural bevel it’s just like a steel knife blade bevel .and I will post some of my recent finds thanks .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E374770-239B-497C-A9B3-440CD9F5141B.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	424052

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                              SurfaceHunter commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Nice collection of finds I think you need a bigger table

Click image for larger version

Name:	56EB0C39-ACB0-4D83-8519-71C204E83863.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	424054

Comment

Working...
                            X