I have no clue on this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no clue on this one

Pick this one up in a creek today and like Greg, it’s got me scratching my head....It’s made of Dover chert I’m pretty sure but what it would have been is beyond me. What I can say is it would have been big...It is a base of some type and has an obvious snap.
    Attached Files
    North Central Kentucky

Almost looks like some kind of weird corner tang knife base. Looks cool, was once part of a neat artifact!

Comment

Maybe was part of a sizable multi-tool, and what you found was the built-in scraper non-“attachment” which unfortunately became detached?
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Look up bulb base stem in your area and see what ones are made with that design then you should look at the description as being a large blade. Solve the mystery and let us know
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Tuff to say. Part of..blade....base
        SW Connecticut

Comment

just a guess- button base St. Charles

Comment

Salvaged broken point and used as a scraper and spokeshave? Whatever it is or was, cool find!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• KyChipStone
              KyChipStone commented
              Editing a comment
              This was my guess as well Greg. Looks like ancient break on the ear transformed into spokeshave and at one time it was a button based St. Charles like a couple others have mentioned..Sure would have liked to see it whole..

Thanks all for your input...
            North Central Kentucky

Comment

Not enough there to know what type it may be. Just enough for us to do a lot of speculating. I found a lot of artifacts that are puzzling, even well made ones that are unbroken.

Comment

Working...
              X