Such an interesting spot, and finds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such an interesting spot, and finds!

I mentioned this before but I located a limestone pool deep in the woods on private property. I am sure that it's existed in it's current form for a long, LONG time. Several weeks ago I thought to myself "I bet this would have been a popular place for ancients to hang out. TRUE STORY... I started looking around and right at my feet in about an inch of water was the blade in the photo! I returned a few weeks later and actually started rooting around in the shallow portion of the pool, and found the drill. I was there again yesterday and after about an hour of searching, I found the point.

It looks as though all 3 items are made of the same material (any ideas what it might be?)

Any guesses as to the time frame or period?

These items were found near Lawrence Kansas.
    Attached Files

Nice artifacts, pool as well as area around pool should have many more artifacts
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hi bdb. You found some dandy points. If this limestone pool is fed by a spring then there is no telling the types of points you will be able to find. Looks like you got yourself a "honeyhole" for sure. Keep on fishing/hunting. We will be interested in what else you get from this site.

Comment

I remember your post and pictures of the spot. So glad it's proven to be productive. Nice pieces.
        California

Comment

Nice finds bigdonnie
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Congrats man. Nice finds
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Yes sir what everyone said , That there if a natural spring is going to be your honey hole .
              Can you dig around it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tam View Post
                Yes sir what everyone said , That there if a natural spring is going to be your honey hole .
                Can you dig around it?
                Yes, I can dig all around it.

Comment

Well...I have so many comments about the site and the great artifacts but just gonna limit em...that’s a grade a no.1 prime example of an base intentionally snapped, or left that way on the original preform....If that was a kill site area, I’m anxious to see what it coughs up, I don’t know if the drill is a Dalton, someone will know,..You have a rare opportunity to collect an untouched site...Just a suggestion, I would sketch a map, document the finds,in and around the pool, and by keeping notes a story will come together,...If you ever write a report you then become an avocational archeologist, could be something maybe nuthin,.Looking forward to more.
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Gorges View Post
                    Well...I have so many comments about the site and the great artifacts but just gonna limit em...that’s a grade a no.1 prime example of an base intentionally snapped, or left that way on the original preform....If that was a kill site area, I’m anxious to see what it coughs up, I don’t know if the drill is a Dalton, someone will know,..You have a rare opportunity to collect an untouched site...Just a suggestion, I would sketch a map, document the finds,in and around the pool, and by keeping notes a story will come together,...If you ever write a report you then become an avocational archeologist, could be something maybe nuthin,.Looking forward to more.
                    Thanks Hal! I have been keeping good records so far. This summer on a HOT day I will venture into the deep pool (prob 6-8 feet deep).

Comment

Here's the pool...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh that's just a dream!! Why haven't you rigged a snorkel on flex pipe that's 20 feet long!???
                        North Carolina

Comment

Thanks for the photo. A beautiful site, indeed! It is a rare opportunity that you have. Keep us posted.

Comment

Awesome donnie....as everyone stated.....cant wait to see what else you pull out of that area
                            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Wow, Very sweet spot..Looks like a under water viewer will be needed for this one. Good luck!
                              North Central Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                              X