Another New Hunting Spot Find 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another New Hunting Spot Find 3

I keep looking and they keep popping out. Found this today and thought it could be a Guilford type but I don't know if that makes sense for Middle TN. Also it seems pretty thin. Found in Middle TN. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Really rough material to knap and to see patina on. there is a point with similar shape in our area called a Haw River point and it is thought to be pre Clovis. The South Carolina book of tools and points also call them Heart points. This is the only point that I know with rounded ears, I am sure there are more though.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

the base looks like it has ancient damage (especially in picture #3). It looks like a blade or some type of scraper.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I actually thought Haw River when I saw it. You will need to investigate it and read what it says seeing you have it in hand and I don't. Your on a roll
        NW Georgia,

Comment

SurfaceHunter willjo It fits the description of a Haw River with the rounded off ears that point inward. I'll def need to investigate more because I wasn't sure if it was the right size for a Haw River. I also don't know what regions Haw Rivers are found in, I thought it was more to the East of my location.

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            The Haw River points in the overstreet book shows bigger points than the S.C. Book And the N.C. book and they are about the size of your point. It is said that the base of the point is broke and cant be I.D. but it don't look like it changed the shape of the ears, may be wrong have been before.

SurfaceHunter Lol, It took me a while since I moved up here to get that roll back. 😎

Comment

The base is broken. No way to ID this point.

Comment

Working...
            X