Preform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preform?

This is the second piece, same creek, same area within 20 yards that I found what looks like tool made out of the same material. This has a couple of breaks on each end and maybe a chip off of the top, but does some of that look like it’s worked by man to you? When I imagine the shape without the tip breaks I picture a preform. There is an inclusion that looks like may have frustrated a maker...in my rookie analysis..lol. Thoughts?
    Hunting in Central Ohio

Looks to be some type of hand tool (possible scraper) with a little ancient damage. Need a picture of the other side.
    Last edited by antmike915; 07-21-2020, 10:29 PM.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• CGriff61
      CGriff61 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike. Sorry I meant to load one of the other side. Here you go....

Other side
    Hunting in Central Ohio

Comment

Thanks Griff, looks like one they were attempting but couldn't get it right. They probably discarded it. Then again they could have used it as it was as a tool or blade. It's a cool piece.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Thank you so much! I’m excited because it is literally feet from where I found another and I bet this little creek is walked daily by park goers.
        Hunting in Central Ohio

Comment

Because it has heavy edge wear ,above and beyond Smoothing preparation for knapping, it’s a knife/chopper type tool, nice find, keep working that creek
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Thanks Hal! I’m on it.
            Hunting in Central Ohio

Comment

Not sure you will get a positive ID Griff as to what it was but can say it was manipulated by ancient man. Material is Coshocton Black.
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• CGriff61
                CGriff61 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you. Always happy to validate the artifact finds and learn something in the process.
            Working...
            X