I need some knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some knowledge

I have quite a few rocks that i have found over the past couple of years. People(locals) are very misleading with what they have to say about my finds, for whatever reasonings they might have to do so. All of these rocks were found in Randolph County, Missouri. And none were bought, i just have a passion for the hunt. So how much they cost isn't a big deal to me. The sentimental value of them is definitely high to me. Please give me your opinion to what they might be. I will have a few follow-up posts because so many pictures sorry lol

You have very fine colored flint, I can tell you that! I am not an expert on Missouri points, but maybe Broken Arrow can help.

For future reference, you don't have to create multiple topics. You can also add photos in replies to your existing topic.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Nice finds! Someone will come along to help I.d....đź‘Ť
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

They all look like archaic dart points to me... Your finding some nice ones too, WTG! Your out of my area of expertise on types, wish I could be more helpful... Congrats on your finds, they are wonderful !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Hi Willy. The expanding stem point which is the first point in the series looks like a Baker's Creek point. They are thought to be made during Early to Middle Woodland times. They are commonly found at sites that produce Copena points. Lots of Baker's Creek points look like a Copena with a stem. Your area in central Missouri may be on the western fringe of the Copena culture. Because the stem of the 2nd point is missing I'm not able to suggest what type it is. I am not able to make a strong guess as to the type of the side notched point. If I found one like it on my old hunting grounds in No. AL or mid TN then I would probably call it a Big Sandy because it looks like one and almost no other side notched types could be found. But the area you live is known to have several types of side notched points and I think one would have to be expert on Missouri area points to say what type it is with confidence. It looks like a Big Sandy but it also looks like Cache River, Hemphill and Hickory Ridge. I agree with L-Man that they look like dart points.

Comment

Working...
          X