Axe or Rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe or Rock?

New to artifact hunting, recently spent 15 hours carefully looking under banks, river beds, gravel bars in Clearfield, PA, Catskills, and Maine. One definite worked flake and this rock. Very sharp and stands upright on both ends, found in Catskills creek in mud underneath a bank. Fear it is a "rock" but would appreciate some input and perhaps some encouragement.....thanks for any input. Still waiting for a definite artifact and am a little frustrated. Hope I can find something in Southern NH/Maine......any words of wisdom or encouragement would be appreciated......rock or axe?
    Attached Files

What I see is a very sharp rock that could be used to chop something . Just not in ancient times in my view .

Comment

Think it's just a rock...keep looking and stay positive
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Keep at it.... from a side view, she would fool all of us
        keep on the hunt.....✌️
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

There is a person from Maine that finds a lot of artifacts made from that material, hopefully he will see this post and may be able to shed more light on it.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Just a rock but you will find a lot of em but a piece will turn up that will leave you no doubt.
            SE IA

Comment

All the above, keep looking
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome from Florida,,, ?
                Floridaboy.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Felt pretty sure it was a rock but since I don't have a real artifact yet, was hopeful. Will keep it anyway and keep looking...thanks again all

Comment

Working...
                  X