Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this real? What is it?

Hi,

My son found this arrowhead while walking in a local park in the DC metro area. He said it was buried with an edge sticking out. It seems to be in such perfect condition that we are wondering if it is a modern plant.

He’s going to be disappointed if it is a ‘fake’ but better to know. If it is real can anyone tell us anything about it, we love to know what rock it is made from.

Finding the arrowhead has peaking his interest in all things Native American. If he decides to start collecting how can you tell real arrowhead from modern reproductions. They all look realistic to us on E-bay

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Finn; 08-07-2020, 02:47 PM.

Need better pictures those are blurry. I'm sure someone can tell you what it is.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      First is blurry

Can't make a call on this one . Negatives are. Looks awfully new, find location. need better photos and having it in my hand would be the only way I would make a call.
    SE IA

Comment

Looks modern too me
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Need some really clear photos of notches, the photo with notches is blurry. Looks a lot like the Jasper the India points are made from
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Better photos helped. Photo 2 looks like the import point material from over seas that sell on ebay. Sorry.
          SE IA

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts. Consensus seems to be that it is modern. Attaching some additional photos of close up. Not sure why someone would seed modern arrow heads for innocents to find. My son is a little disappointed but is still happy with his find.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	E8E350DF-6788-4257-A3A8-21C21F740A84.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	476473 Click image for larger version

Name:	352CE4FF-EA23-4163-9918-468A9AC9F677.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	476474 Click image for larger version

Name:	D235431F-98ED-47A9-9C62-AA5CB56E0C7F.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	476475 Click image for larger version

Name:	9AF0AD43-B8E8-400A-8AC8-33800C4CDDE4.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	476480 Click image for larger version

Name:	A08F2498-B5DE-491D-B1B6-C324F83D27C0.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	476479 Click image for larger version

Name:	8DF3E931-EAF7-4E88-B8F6-77E6E5FFEB43.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	476478
            Attached Files

Comment

That’s strange, someone would have to buy the point, plant it in the ground, and wait for anybody to find it, sometime in the future, and hope to be around for the laughing, ?. Was it found near a pathway where someone was guaranteed to find it ?..Fake or real, he still found it, its still collectible...Now get out there and find more... if someone planted it maybe there’s more, in which case he could have a collection of em...Sounds like fun....Welcome from Florida..
              Floridaboy.

Comment

Lost or dropped or planted your son found it . But the sad news it looks just like the point from India that I have in front of me . Made from some real nice Agate ? Your notches might be a little deeper .

Comment

Working...
                X