What am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I?

I find hundreds of artifacts on my property. I’m surrounded by southern Ute tribal land. I’m in the same valley as shiprock NM but in the Colorado side. These are the most delicate Iv found. How old are these and are they bird points?
    Last edited by sarahrousseau; 08-11-2020, 05:59 PM.

Welcome to the site Sarah. Great introduction with those two beauties. Bird point is kind of a misnomer. Used to describe small points that were true arrowheads but not just used to hunt birds. The bottom point has a Haskell look to it but there many types that are similar. Take a look through this site for help in id:

https://www.projectilepoints.net/Sea...do_Search.html
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Iowa. Nice arrowhead, keep lookin.
      SE IA

Comment

So, I know about where you are. The old archeologist use to call your area from the eastern side of the Pecos River , the Portales complex. The NA people would travel toward your area in summer, and back down the Tx & NM border in winter. They did so for thousands of years. It is confusing that points are named differently but in the southern Portales complex area the top arrowhead would be a Harrell, the bottom one a Washita. All Washita complex originating along the Washita River in western Oklahoma. Please show more if you have them !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• sarahrousseau
          sarahrousseau commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I’m new to the site I actually have over 20 years worth of stuff I’ll be posting. We have to have an area that had people living here because the amount we find here is insane. That you for your help.

Nice finds ...thanks for sharing
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome from western Pennsylvania, looking forward to seeing your finds
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

H Sarah, welcome from Florida...I’m learning about western artifacts so I’ll be looking forward to your posts...
            Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
            X