Stuff from dig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff from dig

Hello, need some help identifying some stuff from my dig. I made a sifter and got some tools from a buddy this morning. I dug a little and sifted through alot of the dirt that we dug out yesterday. I found the small bird point and broken tip while sifting. I was raking a pile of leaves away for more room when I came across pics 1-3. Looks like a very tiny axe and doesn't seem to be broken. Found the stone tool digging also. There are small indentions all over the stone, not sure of the material either. Maybe sandstone? It's crazy how they are deep in the ground and all over the surface, doesn't make much sense, especially in a wooded area so close to the river. The other side of the river is also a flood plain. We are on a much higher bank so flooding probably hasn't happened unless there was a great flood that i'm missing.
    Attached Files

Here's what the hole looks like now, and some of my setup. Was only digging for about an hour, gets super tiring. Nice to be able to walk 30 feet to take a break and browse forums for more motivation though, definitely spoiled.
    Attached Files

Comment

Also forgot to add some pics of a point my dad found in the river yesterday afternoon. The very first point we've ever found in the river after walking and kayaking it for 18 years. Haven't always been looking for them like we are now but still a crazy find. He saw it in a shallow spot near some rapids when he was getting out of his float. It's very smooth and seems like it's been in the river for ages. The base was probably knocked off long ago, before it was in the river because it's waterworn as-well.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BuffaloArtifacts; 08-10-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Youve been hard at it buffalo....congrats and i look forward to seeing more....ive been canoeing on the buffalo river a few times.....crazy horse, lobelville, and the blue hole....nice river to float....dont know about hunting it though...i wasnt searching for points then.
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

You guys are definitely hooked, and where else can you get a greater physical and mental workout, except maybe kayaking, Lol...Nice find Pop !.nice finds all around..
          Floridaboy.

Comment

That's alot of material for that hole...i bet you're going to hit some points soon!
            North Carolina

Comment

Cool deal Buffalo 👍
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
              X