Weird Natural Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Natural Rock

I know this one is natural, but it's bizarre. It has one larger hole on top and a small toothpick sized pin hole that goes from the big hole straight through the middle of the rock. I put a pin into it so you could see. Even though it is natural, I found it in an area that I had found other stuff.

I thought it was interesting enough to share. I also wanted to suggest that this thing would have multiple potential uses...even though it was not altered by man and has little value other than looking neat.
    Attached Files
    South Central Minnesota

Hag stone . Yes completely natural formed.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I was not familiar with "hag stones" and looked it up. It was interesting to me that a rock with a natural hole has monetary value, based on spiritual powers.

Just curious if anyone knows of any Native American cultures using "Hag Stones" for spiritual based stuff or if they are ever found at known sites. I know spiritual stones are tricky things due to their ambiguity and speculated use, but I find it interesting.
      South Central Minnesota

Comment

Hay Dsno, It never ceases to amaze me what Nature can do to rocks! Hag Stone, That's a new one to me. I guess I'm slowly learning the Jargon. Kim
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I find those, too. I would think a native would find uses for them. Cant imagine why they wouldn't
          Western Kentucky

Comment

Had this for awhile and just learned from this thread about hag stones... awesome!
            Last edited by Skyhawk; 10-25-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X