Are these artifacts/tools...have they been worked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these artifacts/tools...have they been worked

I've been going through post on here and I'm sorta starting to catch on and understand what makes an artifact rather than nature made. So I've looked over some items I've found in the last couple of weeks here at home...kingston,Ok. About a half mile from lake texhoma in a couple different directions when leaving my house. I completely understand if I'm not correct...yet.lol. But am I at least on the right path to knowing the difference?

Hi Amy, you’re pics of course are a tad out of focus but I’m gonna have a say anyway...I t looks like a flake that was removed in the reduction process of manufacturing a point or tool of some sort....there is no obvious secondary flaking indicating an artifact... Where there’s a flake there’s stuff....none of us got the hang of f this here collecting in a couple of days, chin up, folks interested in this hobby now can learn things In a month that took us old timers sometimes years to learn...I see you have the passion, that’s all it takes...Go get em Amy,!
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Hope this helps. Click image for larger version

Name:	1A2262A1-18EC-4CB9-8146-3D00F53B9648.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	497911 Click image for larger version

Name:	80E1075B-8B96-4D36-92F8-97939E9B4024.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	497912 Click image for larger version

Name:	4352E69F-9C29-4124-88BE-94DF7B9E43C6.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	497913
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Absolutely helps me to see more clearly the difference between the flake and the reworked. A big the to u for the lesson learned here! I do have 2 or 3 others I would like for u or any one else to tell me about. Just to continue with the lesson lol. I'll post pics a bit later in the day. If gone back to bed to try again to capture the sleep that has evaded me all night with several close calls. This do to the abundance of mosquito bites I collected. The itching was so powerful it was driving me mad. Had to search for Benadryl then alcohol to rub with. At last I've grabbed some relief and am now under the covers! The again.

Comment

Meant to say thanks twice in that reply...sleep deprived!!

Comment

I concur with Hal. Flakes, at best. Keep after em
            Western Kentucky

Comment

Working...
            X