Misc Stone Identification Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misc Stone Identification Help

Was going through some of my collection today and came across these two items that were given to me by my uncle. He got them from a farmer in Trigg County Ky several years ago. Not sure what these would have been. Any help with identifying would be appreciated.

Pictures are front and back sides.

Gosh, they’re particularly wonderfully strange because they’re twins! What I mean is that my first thought would be concretion of some sort, but the fact that’s there are two gives me pause. Still, there are acres of “Moqui Marbles” in Utah, and hundreds of “Martian Blueberries” on Mars, so there is certainly no rule against concretions having duplicates. I never seen a game stone in real life, however, and there is a similarity in shape to those I’ve read about.....

Someone will come along soon, and straighten us both out, undoubtedly! I hope soon, because I’m really curious now!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Either pitted hammer stones or discoidals. I read on a site that many people have made the mistake of thinking the round ones like those were nothing but hammers and tossed them back.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Different ... perhaps a game stone of sorts..???
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Carolinaking
          Carolinaking commented
          Editing a comment
          Based on their size and shape that was my first thought.

Interesting Objects Rick. I've looked them over quite closely. I believe you have Artifacts. At least they look like a sort of pitted stones. Kim
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
        X