Arkansas Finds from this weekend - overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Finds from this weekend - overview

Back home and have last weekends finds laid out.

I stumbled upon a quarry after finding a spear head along the waters edge. The water is down 6-7 feet and these items were all found within a 50 meter section. Chip fragments were abundant. Enough to have filled multiple 5 gallon buckets. I kept the interesting fragments and those which look like they were rejects.

there is a good mix of flint and stone artifacts. There are some oddballs ( large stone shaped like a spearhead), notch stone (small flat stone lower right), a weird claw like stone, and a grooved forked stone (lower left). I grabbed some nice cores and a nice source with one flake missing (lower right).

came back to no internet so I’m working off my phone. I will get some post of individual item over the next week.

All the dark ones on top look natural, I see a broken point bottom row 2nd from left. The others appear to be waste shards, possible brokes and natural combined.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Your gettin close to finding that special arrowhead..That’s the one that’s meant for you to ...Individual items, yes...
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
      X