Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID help on two Texas artifacts

Hi Again- This is my second post.

I am doing really good on the ID of most of my points. Later I will post some with what I have presumed. I have two artifacts that I can’t place. Are they arrowheads or some type of tool? They are both from Texas and I can’t recall from exactly were. The areas we hunted in the late 1950s- 1960s were Real, Kerr, Edwards, Uvalde, and some in Lampasas counties. There is an outside chance they came from my aunt who lived near Paris.

When I was a kid, we sometimes bow hunted for quail and pheasants with arrows we called “flu-flus” that had 30-30 shells on the end instead of points. Could these be a Native American equivalent? Thanks again for your response-

Welcome from Minnesota.. can’t help with a I.d.
    but there are some Texans, who eventually will..
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Beautiful pair of scrapers.
      Last edited by Hal Gorges; 04-12-2021, 09:12 AM.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Maybe Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_200751535.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	547483Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_200917773.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	547484
        2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Gorp View Post
          Hi Again- This is my second post.

I am doing really good on the ID of most of my points. Later I will post some with what I have presumed. I have two artifacts that I can’t place. Are they arrowheads or some type of tool? They are both from Texas and I can’t recall from exactly were. The areas we hunted in the late 1950s- 1960s were Real, Kerr, Edwards, Uvalde, and some in Lampasas counties. There is an outside chance they came from my aunt who lived near Paris.

When I was a kid, we sometimes bow hunted for quail and pheasants with arrows we called “flu-flus” that had 30-30 shells on the end instead of points. Could these be a Native American equivalent? Thanks again for your response-
          Flu-flu ...could be, I think hafted end scraper though, judging by the style of base either Paleo or early archaic,
          2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Thanks for the help. I didn't know scrapers came this small. learned something new. Thanks again-

Comment

Working...
            X