Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! I was not giving you a dig . I just know the way reporters can be selective. I had given interviews in the past and words I never said ended up in and words I did say were omitted.

• mauspas
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    Lol the person did not even mention us in the article. We identified it as adena before the Arcbaeologist and we didn't even get any props. It's all good though I am happy the point was found and excited for our new member.
    I did mention the forum when I talked to the reporter! And how quick you guys were to identify it. Too bad it didn't make it into the final article.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Lol the person did not even mention us in the article. We identified it as adena before the Arcbaeologist and we didn't even get any props. It's all good though I am happy the point was found and excited for our new member.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Hoss...i was just perusing the internet and I guess b/c of my search habits, the very article you posted is one that i had just read...i was thinking to myself....ive seen this recently on arrowheads.com......i copied the link and then went to this site to search, and lo and behold, you posted it....lol.....thats awesome......

• Hoss
    replied
    That point made it into the Connecticut Post https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...t-16163223.php

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Welcome and congratulations as well.

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    Nice Adena. Welcome, from Southbury, Ct

Leave a comment:

• Mattern
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Mauspas. That really is a great first find! I agree with the others Adena. Kim from Central Pa.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Nice find mauspas..welcome to the site

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    commented on 's reply
    Now your hooked real good. Now get back out there and have fun!

• mauspas
    replied
    Heard back from the state archeologist today. As expected you guys were right on the money!

"That is a really interesting projectile point. It is categorized as an Adena Point, and it looks to be made of a non-local stone, probably a type of chert found in Ohio. The Adena culture is associated with a mound building society centered in the area of modern-day Ohio (also West Virginia, Kentucky, and I believe parts of Indiana and western Pennsylvania). It dates to about 2700 to 1200 years ago. Adena points are pretty rare in New England, although they have been found. The idea is that the points and other aspects of Adena culture reached our area through wide-reaching trade networks. It is a pretty amazing thing to find in your garden!"

Leave a comment:

• Flint Eastwood
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the same Hoss.
    Flint

• antmike915
    replied
    Welcome from Georgia, excellent 1st find

Leave a comment:

• mauspas
    replied
    Originally posted by kayakaddict View Post
    Nice find! It looks water worn. Was your yard a creek at one time? Congrats, it looks real.
    I’m not familiar with the geography of the area, but based on a quick search it appears that the (very small) Pequonnock River runs through my neighborhood. I think it’s certainly possible that at some point in the last thousand years or so it went through my yard!

Leave a comment:

• kayakaddict
    replied
    Nice find! It looks water worn. Was your yard a creek at one time? Congrats, it looks real.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X