New Alabama Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alabama Find

This is the sharpest edge we've found so far. Most of our finds are well worn. Any info on it?

That is a mighty nice find, congrats!
    New Jersey

Comment

Probably Savannah River but not positive it’s a good one
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Looks like a Pickwick
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the site, nice intro!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

You give us some info and we'll try to give you some info. Where in AL did you find it? As per "so and so" county , north AL southeast AL, etc. It can make a difference as to possible types. What type of stone is it made of? It kinda looks like quartzite. Is it a field find or a creek find?

Comment

Beauty... congrats
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                You give us some info and we'll try to give you some info. Where in AL did you find it? As per "so and so" county , north AL southeast AL, etc. It can make a difference as to possible types. What type of stone is it made of? It kinda looks like quartzite. Is it a field find or a creek find?

Extreme Southern AL. It is a creek find, which is my most common find. They are normally worn from the water and sand, but this one is almost sharp in places. There were a few of Indian tribes here but Poarch is the most likely for this area.
                Last edited by Single Barrel; 05-16-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• sailorjoe
                  sailorjoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just now saw your reply to my questions of a few days ago. I will try to reply to it as far as I am able. I collected in north AL so my knowledge of your area is quite limited. But I can say for sure that your artifact predates the Poarch Creek Indian branch of the Creek Indians by several thousand years. More to add later, I hope.

Pickwick. Nice find. From what I have gathered, Any stemmed point with a"strong" notch and a and a"weak" notch is a Pickwick.

Comment

Working...
                X