Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these arrow heads?

Hi All,

i came across these over the weekend in NW Colorado (Moffat County). I’m a beginner when it comes to arrow head finding and identifying. Looking for some insight on if you believe these are arrow heads or just broken rock.

Appreciate the help!
    Attached Files

Yes and no.. the larger one is probably a knife that's missing the base. The second pic is what I believe to be the base of a hanna dart point. I find them here to. Your orientation is a little off, so this is what I think it would have looked like.
    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok that’s just awesome Chad !!!

• IowaGary
      IowaGary commented
      Editing a comment
      Great explanation cskelton

• Mailman
      Mailman commented
      Editing a comment
      Not much I can add to that. Good call, imo

Welcome and it looks like you're on to them, congrats!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the site Adav. Would like to see both sides of Artifacts you post, it makes for better IDs. Another pict. of reverse side of #1. Kim from Central Pa.
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I agree with Chad. It looks like a Hanna. We have them over here in SD as well. Pretty old point. I’m thinking somewhere around 3000 years or so old.
        South Dakota

Comment

Wow, really appreciate the information from everyone! I’m so happy i found this forum! I look forward to learning from all of you.

Here are more photos of the other sides of both pieces.
          Attached Files

Comment

You're on to something adav13.....nice finds.....keep looking and welcome to the site
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Always fun finding worked pieces
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Does anyone have any idea's about the larger one? Is there a name for that one or a way to estimate how old?

Comment

Most folks will call it a flaked tool, no real name for them, some sites they are the most common artifact. They come in many shapes and sizes. Plainly they are a good flake material sharpened into a useful cutting or scraping tool. Kim
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Thanks Kim!

Comment

Working...
                    X