Worcester County MD assorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worcester County MD assorted

Posting for my sister who lives in Berlin, Worcester County MD. She has collected these in her farm fields over the years. Has quite a few of these fine little brown stone arrow and spear heads as well as some of quartz (which isn't found so much around there - she wondered if maybe it was traded). Curious as to what stone the small fine brown ones are made of and also who made these. Any help appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ELLPEE; 06-18-2021, 12:52 AM.

Beautiful material and some really cool finds! These points are pre tribal as they are thousands of years old.(archaic-woodland period) The brown pieces are a nice grade of jasper chert. The natives did trade and carry materials long distances.
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

I agree with artifascination.... the brown ones are some nice Jasper and the sugary ones are called quartzite.... nice finds nice artifacts
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice point finds let’s see more
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Looks like a few really old ones in the mix, U.R. & L.L. And the jasper could be from up the peninsula at Iron Hill, DE.

Coastal Plain of Maryland

Comment

The small ones on right look like true arrowheads not knives like the bigger quartz piece.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Thank you so much for these replies - will tell my sister. The brown (jasper) ones that have a more polished look were found in the vicinity of the downspout off her barn, which has probably been there for a hundred years or so.

Comment

Working...
              X