Nutting Stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutting Stones?

Let me know if I'm on the right track. The 2nd one (I think) appears to have some pecking done on the side. Maybe it's a fire starter?
    Attached Files

Both are natural Sir but real artifacts are out there.

I suggest you make a name change, many children come to this site and your screen name is hardly appropriate.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Not sure about those rocks you found but your username makes me believe that you are joking…
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Thank you again. Is there a good resource for identifying signs of ground stone tools? I'm realizing I can't tell between natural and man made pecking/grinding...

And I absolutely wasn't thinking when I chose my username... My apologies for not being more aware... Can I change it or do I need to create a new account?

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Read “Recognizing Artifacts” posted by TomF under Suggesting Reading part of Home page of this forum. Very good, and has big section addressing pecked, ground, abraded stone tools. It’s still appearing as of today on home page near bottom as last thing posted in that particular category. Yes, change your name, or I’ll end up addressing you as Butt!

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Sending you a PM yes you can change it but it cannot be done from your profile page it has to be done by a Mod or Admin.

Your name is SirLaughsalot until you respond to my PM private messages can be found by clicking on messages upper right side of screen.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
        X