Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification

Help with identification please? Found in east Texas lake Livingston area Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210618_224948169_HDR.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	564091
    Attached Files

I can’t tell if the blade has a twist, awhile back one with twisted blade was called Meserve . Now , in Tx, the type is simply Dalton. Made about 7000 years ago. Appears to be made of Buckskin Edwards plateau flint. It’s nice!
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of the points found in the Lake Livingston area are made of petrified wood (which comes in many colors).

Very nice. Thanks for sharing
    South Dakota

Comment

Hey MudMan, This section is for modern flint-knapping. I moved your topic to "What did I Find" with a temporary redirect from this section.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

show a photo from the point end so we can see if it has a bevel to it. Nice find. Thanks for sharing
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Agree Dalton Meserve
          Attached Files
          2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

From Hester's book, need to upgrade mine to the newest addition
            Attached Files
            2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              The latest book is already outdated. I talked to Sue ( God rest her sweet soul) about the deletions and additions to the last book. I was upset bc the Meserve & Hell Gap had been eliminated. I like the idea of Meserve style Dalton myself. That style is all I’ve ever found ! I don’t know if anyone will ever provide a new book, I hate the idea of that thought. Anyway, I like the next to the last book the best ( I guess bc Sue signed it personally with a note) but the book only really includes the most common of finds( Digs & Surface) lots of known types left out.

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, I failed to mention and it’s very appropriate : I’d hand Sue a paleo point , she’d look at both sides, feel of the grinding, and then close her hand and hold the point to her heart ! The passion, it struck me ! She loved artifacts !

• LongStride
              LongStride commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the story about Mrs Turner, I do something similar when I find an artifact, I used to be able to chat with Dr Hester when I was on facebook years ago, we we're both on a fb group called Texas chert

That’s a beauty. 💯 Good on ya.
            North Central Arkansas

Comment

Working...
            X