2 knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 knives

Except one seems more like an angular piece of pottery and is not sharp. The triangular piece with golden orange handle is extremely sharp! :-). Both fit in ones hands/fingers well and seem to be very artistically done - easy to make out multiple animal/head/profile shapes as well as ochre markings. So what are they? since they don’t fit a point/knife ID type that I can find…and also, help on the rock type(s)? I have so many different types and colors in the rocks here that I can never be sure… thank you in advance, from a few miles southwest of chapel hill, nc.

Looks natural to me honestly

Comment

Both natural
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Natural..there’s excellent information in the different categories section, check it out, in the 50sand 60s it took us a long time to learn what you can learn in one night..Lucky you..Keep on lookin.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

The one on the right is debitage from some seriously weathered rhyolite...not knives, definitely not animals or source stone, but the result of discarded material in the knapping process. I find alot of that weathered rhyolite around the triangle! Keep hitting that spot! It will produce! The more you find and handle, the more you will understand about stuff like point morphology and debitage. Flake out~
            Last edited by utilized flake; 08-05-2021, 08:07 PM.
            North Carolina

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image(11).jpg
Views:	203
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	574417
              North Carolina

Comment

• Josie
                Josie commented
                Editing a comment
                That is me! I swear I’m going to stop picking up flakes. I find them in my washer and dryer and that’s after I’ve checked my pockets.
            Working...
            X