What material and type of point? pics included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What material and type of point? pics included

Found this point on my second trip out. It is broke at the base, but i love it anyways. Any ideas on the material and type of point would be appreciated. It was found in Suwannee County Florida. Three inches is the total length.

There are several people here who know about points from your area. But with the tie gone it may be just a guess on their part.

Comment

I know, it is hard to imagine what might have or have not been there.
      Any idea of the material? It is translucent. My friend said probably a type of coral,
      but i am new to this and don't know.

Comment

Its hard to tell what it is without the base, but the shape tells me its either a Levy or a Marion. I am leaning toward a Marion. The material it is made of is high grade but not sure if it is coral. Can you take a picture holding it up to a light.

Comment

Comment

FC
            That is Coral.I can see the poylps. If it was whole it would be worth $150.00 to $300.00.
            This piece of fossilized coral that has been polished to highlight the poylps.

Jack

Comment

Greywolf
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Wolf is dead on in my opinion. What's left of the barbs,the base,the shoulders and the flaking strongly suggest Marion. Sorry but I don't know the lithic. Very nice find for your second trip out.
                Thanks Bob

Comment

Working...
                X