Broken stone tools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken stone tools ?

I have a hard time trying to decide if my field bluff finds are actually worked broken tools or just field rock. Some ideas were found in the creek below the field. Any insight on the top objects would be great.

sorry can't image to load they are in an album

Moderator Note: profile album pictures no longer available

Comment

You've got a nice site there!  I love the buffalo effigy piece, and the other stones look well used.  Keep going back, you've got a nice display!!!

Comment

Paleolution, please tell me you didn't say the "E" word...........

Comment

Hi Butch. See if you can get a close up of the effigy. Oh no I said it. Owell it would be neat to see a close up of the artifact. I also think you need to go back there. Great stuff and thanks for showing it to us.

Comment

I agree think you got a hot spot there, keep looking bet it gets better!

Comment

Ok I put five pics up of the bison I found it on a sandbank in the creek. It is smooth on one side and as you can see poked on the other. There was a site archeaologist dug around a couple miles up the creek but there are camp sites all over this area including a conical mound on the nieghbors property. They have no intrest so I have free rein of the site but I only surface hunt. My husband is Pomo and believes it would be disrespectful to dig since we do not know if it is a burial mound or not. I have been doing alot of research because I know there has to be a village site but I have not found it yet. The site is deep in the woods, but with google earth I see two other oblong mounds that are T shaped. When the weather gets better I will start wondering around again although the farmer down the road shot a cougar back there a couple of months ago.I would love to talk to anyone who has knowledge on mounds and village sites.

Comment

:blink: I just don't know about that. It has the shape but not the handy work of most that i have seen. I think that if that was mine I would just call it a very strange shaped rock. Now this is just my opinion so take it for no more than that. It just doesnt quite look like a made artifact. :dry:

Comment

Doreen, if you plan to venture into them deep woods you would be wise to carry a Hog Leg with you. I do most everywhere I hunt that it is legal to carry, private land only need permission from land owner here. Good hunting!!!

Comment

I usually walk the woods all summer and fall usually nothing scares or bothers me. I have walked up on alot of animals they are use to seeing me. Besides who wants a little fat girl when you ccan have a taste deer, LOL. I have never thought of my rock one way or another, I really want opinion on the larger pieces. I have lots of shaped rock,my husband says I am like the old ones I see animals in everything and drag them all home, so man made or not it is still my bison rock. I would like to thank everyone for being nice about it. Makes me fill confident to post more.

Comment

Working...
                    X