Mailbox Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox Finds

My ebay points arrived here today. First thing I have ever added to the collection that I did not find. I really like them and really if they are not real that is OK because I paid so little for them. What do you guys think. Did I do OK?

WH
    Those both look good to me from the photos , but would need to see them to be sure. Is there any mineralization deposits under the hinges?
    The one with the rounded base looks like an Adena and the one with the square base an Adena-Dickson. Both made out of Burlington Chert.

Comment

They look great to me Wildhorse, seems to me, if you like'm thats pretty much all that matters.

Comment

You know Jack this is the first time I ever looked close at a artifact to figure out if it was old or not. When you dig up a point you just figure it is the real thing so I never did anymore than wipe off the dirt. These look like the ones I found but I have no idea what to look for. It really is just fine if they are newer as I got them to go into my pottery case to add some different look. I like the large look they add as most of my Columbia River points are small and get lost in the pottery case. These look great in there and that is what I wanted. Of course I like to think they are the real thing. Thanks for your input. Later Ron

Comment

How much did they cost?  They look great in the pic

Comment

Wild Horse, Look good from here. I agree with Grey Wolf on the types. You can have fun ebaying and pick upsome really great buys, but it helps to know who you are dealing with. I'll p.m. you with the guys that have been fair and square with me.
            Thanks Bob

Comment

Wildhorse, the guy you got them from has a pretty good rep around here. Has a web based store and member of Michigan Arch. Soc. and GIRS. Also showing at the Kalamazoo, Mi. show next weekend. I saw those as well and thought about bidding but when I saw your post, backed off ( darn it!). Those are nice and you got them at a nice price.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

In their n :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo: ew home. My pottery case looks cool with my new points just what I was looking for. Wanted to post a photo of them in their new home. I'm happy as a Pig in po=p. Thanks all you guys for your input on them it has been a fun time getting them.  :woohoo:

Comment

Those look very nice with the pots.

Comment

Ron, Those sure look authentic to me from the photo, and the arrangement is legendary with the pottery to say the least. I have done some ebay shopping myself over the years and deal prominently with a man by the name of Robin McAbee aka Mcabeerelics (I think that is his ebay handle) He has great Ohio stuff which I pursue.
                        It sure appears from the photos that they have patina, and I agree that they are burlington chert, I have a friend that does knapping and is legendary at it and the burlington stuff he has made when new is very easy to tell the difference from one that has been in a field, unless they were knapped a half a century ago I would say that you have done very well.
                      Bought a lot of gem flintridge birdpoints, there were 8 in the lot and I picked them up for 17.51 which included shipping. Great deals come from ebay on artifacts for sure but you just have to find the right seller who is honest and making a living off of it, nobody wants to screw their living up, the gent I mentioned earlier offers a 14 day guarantee, and if you contact him for more time, say you want to get the artifact authenticated he will give it to you. Great points for sure. Bill

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help here. I just like the fact that the points are from the midwest and something different for my display case of pottery. These are the only points I have that I did not find myself. They are a beautiful addition and I am very happy to have them. I now have four of these thanks to a very kind Kenny and they all are at home together.

Comment

Heck WildHorse, I don't even have four Adenas and I'm from the midwest! They do look good with the pots.
                        Bill, you deal with Mcabee? Have seen some of his stuff on Ebay and thought it looked good, resonable and authentic but have just been reluctant to step over that line. So your experiences have been good?
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Those look good to me, but I have been fooled before. :huh:

Comment

Working...
                          X