• Show
Clear All

• Possible Kirk and a Tampa

What ye say. These were found in the peach grove site

Nice finds and nice material
    South Carolina

Comment

Very nice!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Tough call but the heartbreaker could be a Newnan
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Your bigger point looks a lot like one I posted on this forum a few years ago and the folks here said mine was a Dickson point.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9133.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	594966

Comment

Nice
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Love that translucency!
              Wisconsin

Comment

Nice points. Congrats. I guess it could be a Kirk but would need pics of both sides, the base and an edge view for me to think yes or no. Not familiar with some of the Florida area specials so the other suggestions perhaps could be possibilities also.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                  Nice points. Congrats. I guess it could be a Kirk but would need pics of both sides, the base and an edge view for me to think yes or no. Not familiar with some of the Florida area specials so the other suggestions perhaps could be possibilities also.

Comment

Thanks much for taking the trouble to provide the additional photos. From what I see I don't think it is a Kirk.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
                      Thanks much for taking the trouble to provide the additional photos. From what I see I don't think it is a Kirk.
                      Think Im gonna have to go with Marion. 1st 2 pics are snapped base kirks. last 2 are Marions.

Comment

• sailorjoe
                        sailorjoe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've found 36 points that I could confidently call Kirks. Of those 16 were Kirk corner notched, 4 were Kirk serrated, and 16 were Kirk Snapped Base. Although the base on your point in question has the broken or "snapped" appearance I don't think that in itself is enough to call it a Kirk. Another possibility is that it is a Kirk but not quite finished to final form. I don't mean the right general shape but I mean that the edges of your point appear to lack the fine/detailed edgework associated with Kirks.

got ya, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X