Green Chert Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Chert Knife

This is another show pick up. I left the price on, it is 4" by 3 1/2 ". A nice green color and very worn no sharp edges or flaking remain.

Looks like an Eskimo Scraper. Where is this one from?
      Eskimo Slate Scrapers, Ulu, and Knives. Picture from www.worthpoint.com

Jack

Comment

I can't really tell but it was listed under paleolithic 6,000 years old from North Africa.

Comment

I was wondering about where that material came from. I could not remember seeing anything quite like it, now I know why. I sure like the material. Looks like it could be as scrpaer or a knife.

Comment

That is a unique color of material to say the least. Never got into the African stuff. By the worn look to it, it almost reminds me of pieces I have seen in collections that spent alot of time in water or a stream. Can't really relate to the size from the photo but could it have been a chopper of some sort? Or are all edges sharp, cool piece either way! Bill

Comment

I was told it was found in the desert and was sand blasted for thousands of years. It is the size of my hand, length and with. I have several others different shapes ,even a disk.

Comment

That is cool to see something out of Africa. Never seen that before. Thanks for posting it on here.

Comment

My pleasure I have more to load later.

Comment

Working...
                X