Broken, but what are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken, but what are they?

I live in East Tn. and found these yesterday down by the river. It was a good day for finding stuff but they were all broken, finding something even though broken is better to me than nothing, I'll take it! I was just wondering what they are. I also got 3 others to post and they were broken as well. What can I say? :S

Pictures didn't work so they are in My Photos under Broken. I downloaded all of them.

Moderator Note: profile album pictures no longer available

Comment

Good to hear from you Sherry haven't seen you in awhile. OK here is my two cents worth on your pics. I am referencing them left to right in your photos. The first appears to be a kirk style point, the second pic looks to be just a standard blade, probably used for a knife, Pic #3 the first point appears to be an Adena or maybe a Morrow Mtn. point, the other two I am guessing are triangle points but have an auriculate form which may indicate older period. The last two pics appear to be scrapers. Broken or not, awful nice stuff!! Great finds, hope this helps get you started, William

Comment

Thanks for the help, I need it. Yesterday was a great day to hunt, sunshine all day long and I loved every minute of it even though what I found was broke.    
        I haven't posted anything in awhile but I have been looking at all the nice
        things some of you guys have found. One word for it "AMAZING". After looking over some of the things Sizemore had posted, the next time I go to Guntersville fishing with my brother
        I know all of my time won't be fishing. I hope to move to Alabama when I retire and now I know I will for more than one reason.
        Thanks again,
        Sherry

Comment

Nice finds Sherry looks like you had a very good day. Can't wait for the weather and and water level to get right here. Great finds good hunting Joe!!

Comment

Working...
          X