Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottsbluff ?

Gentleman,
    These were just found in a bucket containing broken blades and points. At first glance they look like Scottsbluff pieces, comments please.
    TY

They could very well be Scottsbluff points, are the bases ground?  They do look more like the Alberta (variant of Scottsbluff) because the bases are a little larger than the average Scotty.  Nice pieces tho!

Comment

- I have to agree with Tyson, bases look a little long to match up with the Scottsbluff, and Alberta does have a longer stem, but are usually a longer point. But the examples in the pic may just be spent. Uncle John you can send those buckets to my address if your having trouble identifying stuff! LOL Either ruling on the type, both nice artifacts.

Comment

Gentleman,
        Thank you for your help. I thought the Alberta was closer than Scottsbluff. This is a scan of the base.

Comment

This is a sample of the better portions of the lot.For scale large blade is 4 1/2 " long.

Comment

This is a sample of the better portions of the lot.For scale large blade is 4 1/2 " long.

Comment

From where?  Neither of them look Cody Complex from the images.

Comment

The gentleman who gave the bucket away was from Montana. I do not know where he got them.

Comment

Here is an Alberta that was found below Keystone Dam near Tulsa.
                  Jack

Comment

That is a piece of art work!
                    Now the question is what are the two I listed.?

Comment

Working...
                    X