ID:	673983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20230131150001.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	673984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20230131145826.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	673985 Hello everyone. I found this in my late Grandpa's collection of odds and ends. Sorry to say that I can not give you any sort of location where it was found. It just looked interesting so I'm curious if it might be something. I have one other to post as well. Pictures with measurements included. Thanks everyone and please let me know if I need to change anything about how I posted.

You did great the photos are a little out of focus for you first time posting you did fantastic Welcome. I have to admit even with the less that perfect focus that is a very nice pestle you shared with us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

So it is something then. That's great! Thanks a bunch for the super quick response. I'm working on one other post now.

Comment

definitely and it's a dandy. what area was your grandpa from looks like a western peice.
        Utah

Comment

He was from North Texas but with all the traveling that he did I couldn't even guess where he found any of them.

Comment

look's like a 4 corners peice in my opion it's a dandy. heres one similar hope you dont mind.
            Utah

Comment

What's the cross section, round or flattened oval? It looks like it could easily be a historic sharpening stone.

Comment

Green schist, also called garnet schist and music stone is what most of mine are made of. Southern New Mexico and very far west Texas.
                Attached Files

Comment

• smbore
                  smbore commented
                  Editing a comment
                  excellent.

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My o my
              Working...
              X