vessel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vessel

This was a granfathers treasure that came without the story. 

What is it made of?

Comment

Is that wood ?? Very interesting ,,, out of my realm but would like to see where this thread goes
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

It looks like leather to me. Probably stretched over something like a jar?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It’s really unhelpful to post the picture without any additional description or information. It looks like a water-drawing vessel (ie to get water from a well) of the kind commonly used in parts of Africa. On those kinds of items, the off-set strap “handle” was actually a head-band that allowed the vessel to be carried hands-free on the back/shoulders. Is the strap big enough to do that? (among so many other questions).
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Thank you for your response.  Forgive my lack of info. I was be8ng guilded through the joining -and- posting steps and lost service. 
            Info on vessel.  Its made of solid wood.  Seems carved hollow.  Top -and- straps is thick leather . Doesnt seem long enough for head gear. .
            My grandfather was a native ameracain enthusiasts.  Lived on the mexican boarded for years.

Comment

Some more pictures.

Comment

First off, let me say welcome to our forum. I have never seen a vessel such as yours that was produced by Native Americans. I will also say that I have not "seen it all". Interesting piece but I don't think it is Native American.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I think it's some old vaquero's bean bucket - great patina!
                  If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Working...
                  X