Several finds in northwest Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several finds in northwest Georgia

I'm attaching some photos of arrowheads, pieces, and unknowns (possibly nothing, in other words), that we've found.  Most of these were found on the same day in a very small area where we typically find arrowheads.  I have more that I haven't taken pictures of yet that we've found here and there over the past year.  And I'm talking about you're just walking along and one will catch your eye.  We've never even tried digging or really actively searching for them.  This is maybe a 10x10 foot area where they all seem to be. 
    Feel free to offer IDs on any of them or tell me they're just plain old rocks.  I'll add more photos in the next post.  I also have additional views of all of them.

Third pic looks a lot like the 'flake knifes' I find, but not as nice as yours. The material here in NE Kansas is not very pleasing to the eyes. 

Comment

Comment

I'm really having issues attaching photos, so please excuse the multiple posts!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Central Illinois. I am not good at typing things out of my area but the last dark one might be a Bolen Bevel. We have some good folks down your way that will probably be more help.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee and congrats on your finds.

Comment

:welcome: from northern kentucky thanks for show

Comment

I'll give it a go
                1= bifurcated kirk  2= scraper/graver tool or worn out stemmed point 3=flake 4= Possible scraper 5=possible scraper 6=flake 7= flake 8=palmer 9=bolin bevel 10= flake or possible scraper
                Sometimes it helps to have some type scale in the picture
                Nice finds= you are on the right spot

Comment

Working...
                X