Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Artifact Finds, *New better PICS*

Hello All,
    I recently found my first artifact in a creek while collecting quartz, and decided to "search" for more and heres what I found. Im in Southern Kentucky and have found a new favorite hobby. I just wanted to see if anyone here could inform me on what I found since Ive had no luck doing my own research.

Attached files 

Love the Fossil!  But, as for the other stuff, I would say geofacts.. Keep looking and thank you for sharing!

Comment

Thank you! The fossil is what really got me excited since rocks and fossils are more of my interest. If I may object about the others, well the person who pointed me towards this community might. I took my finds to a student at the local university I was connected to who has hunted the same creeks/river just not for geological specimens. He didnt know enough to give me much input however
      Again sorry to rebut your opinion. Although Im personally open to that suggestion.
        If pictures of the undersides and edges will help I dont mind posting.

Comment

I agree with Cricket. The only possibility would be the large piece in the 3rd pic. I really can't tell from your pic.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Alright thanks for the second opinion. Ill try to post better pictures later. Does anyone know if the fossil in the 3rd pic served a purpose or could elaborate on what it might of been.

Comment

The specimen in your hand has a portion of bryzoan on it.
            (Take a look in the fossil thread) I recently posted a pic of a bryzon in it's living form.
            I agree with others it appears that there's only one possibly two artifacts in the picture.
            The most obvious is the larger yellow bottom right."Preform"
            Jess B.
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, well these pics will hopefully let you better rule out if they are or arent.
                 Attached files 

Comment

And this I was told was maybe a small scraper by someone I showed it to yesterday?
                   Attached files 

Comment

Working...
                X