Lenape face carving found in bone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenape face carving found in bone

I recently found this face carving in what I think is a piece of bone. I also found multiple tools shown below as well.

Here's another picture of the carving and pick. Sorry, all I have is my phone so I apologize for quality:

Comment

Sorry, I'm not seeing it, and that doesn't appear to be bone.  I may be wrong.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. Here's the picture of the backside... Maybe you'll see what I was saying about it being bone

Comment

Stones no bones.
          Trace of face is natural not by hand of man.
          Tools are just stones no manipulation there either.
          Don't give up keep trying you just may be the next find of a lifetime.
          Jess B.
          It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
          It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
          Circa:1982

Comment

Thanks, Jess. I am still skeptical, though. Perhaps it is not bone, but I definitely think that this is not made by nature. I would be interested to hear what you are basing this on, as that is a big leap to make without actually holding and inspecting the object?
            It is tough to see from my pictures (sorry I am working with my camera phone), but the top of the object has been either burned or painted black, I think to represent hair. The area where I found the object has also been a hotspot for finding Lenape artifacts such as this, as they were very prevalent in this area. Based on study done by the State of New Jersey in 1917, the are where I found the object was once a thriving village. Further more, the rock structures where I found the object are known in the are to be a part of this village.
            Attached is another image of the face showing what I see... Either way, I had fun looking  :laugh:

Regarding the tools, I can see where you are coming from. I still tend to disagree
            These were found in the same location of the face. One other object i found that no one seemed to speak about in an earlier post of mine was this item below. Again, this was found in the same location of the face. I at first thought it was a fossilized feather, but soon came to realize that this feather was carved from wood... or do you think this was nature as well?

Comment

As was said, the "face" appears to be stone, and it looks natural. The "pick" is natural as well.  Mother Nature does some strange things. Your pictures are sufficient to see that they are natural rocks unaltered by man.
              The "feather" looks like a piece of bark. If it is wooden, it would not last many years in the soil of your region.
              If you are on a site, you will find flakes of lithic material, if not broken tools. The other pieces you show are not tools, they are natural stone, perhaps limestone.   
              Keep looking. When you find the real thing it will be obvious.

Comment

Mother nature is good! Better than I could do! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X