No announcement yet.

No Idea with these two ..?? Any help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Idea with these two ..?? Any help ?

Weres it from??? First one may be scottsbluff??? Second one not sure.

Comment

I bought the large point in a frame while in  western NY by the PA line quite a while ago ... the small point is from KY.
      Thanks
      Bill

Comment

Let some others chime in on these William, I think the bottom piece may be a hopewell, the top also could be too, but not sure. I might be off but there is a long Hopewell point in 10th edition of Overstreet that looks similar to the top piece, but there are more experienced folks who might be able to tell more from the flaking-Bill

Comment

Location rules out my idea! Early flaking.

Comment

The top one looks like a Hardin.  I can't be sure since I don't know that part of the country?  But, I have found out one thing when using the Overstreet's guide as a reference.  I wouldn't get too caught up with the regions and referring to the guide as a Bible of artifacts.  I have a few pieces that I could only find in the Mid West sections, but that doesn't mean they didn't come from where I found them.  In other words, use the guide as a starting place, then find someone that knows the styles from the place of origin.  I can tell you that it looks like a Hardin, but I also live in Colorado, so I have no idea other than clues from the base...

Comment

Hopewell,Decatur.

Comment

Working...
              X